The decision to buy a mobile home can seem daunting – particularly if you are a first time buyer and we understand only too well, how important it is to make sure that all the boxes are ticked for you and your family.
We can anticipate the many questions you will have swirling around in your head and we will guide you seamlessly through the process.
All our holiday homes are specially selected by the park owner who personally has over twenty years’ experience sourcing both new and pre-owned mobile homes for Burrow Holiday Park owners. We know what works and we can help you figure out what will work for you and your family. We will also help you to find the perfect location in our Park to suit your needs – whether you’d like to be nearer the playground, closer to the beach access or situated in a quieter corner of the park.
Remember it is always in our interest to make sure that you are happy with your purchase and with so many second generation owners and friends and family of satisfied existing owners joining us year after year, you can rest assured that all you have to do is just ask us to make sure that you get it right.
Here are our top tips of things to consider when buying a mobile home:
Setting your Budget
- Aim to fix on a budget for your mobile home.
- We all want new and shiny but work out what you can afford before you start looking
- Make sure that your budget is realistic to enable the purchase of your desired specification
- Don’t forget to allow for your initial site fee within your budget
- Ask us for a decking quotation so that you can include that in your budget from the outset.
Choosing Your Home
- Decide on new or pre-owned by considering your budget and maybe the ages of your children.
- Bear in mind the importance of double glazing and central heating. Think about whether or not you’re likely to use your home outside the warm summer months.
- Consider whether an things like an open plan layout or extra storage space is important to you
- Modern or tradional…. there is something to suit every taste
- Reflect on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you’ll need. Think about the size of your family now and maybe down the road, whether or not your kids will want to bring cousins or friends to the Park or whether you will entertain family and friends at your holiday home during the year.
- Consider whether living space or sleeping space is more important to you and your family.
Choosing Your Location
It’s important to think about where you’d ideally like your mobile home to be located on the Park based on what works best for you and your family.
- Would you prefer a quiet location?
- Is being near the walk way to the beach important to you?
- Do you want to be close to the playground and shop?
- Think about the position of the decking area in relation to the sun – sunrise or sunset?
- Work out whether the site is sufficiently big for your chosen mobile home.