Naturally, the decision to buy a mobile-home can seem daunting; especially as a first-time buyer. We understand, only too well, how important it is for you to tick all the boxes for you and your family.
We can anticipate the many questions you may have swirling around in your head and will guide you seamlessly through the process.
All of our holiday homes are specially selected by Siobhan who has over twenty year’s experience in sourcing new and pre-owned mobile homes for our owners. We know what works and we will help you figure out what works best for you and your family. We will also help you to find the perfect location on our Park to suit your individual needs: whether that’s being nearer the playground, closer to the beach access or situated in a quieter corner of the Park.
Remember: it is in our interest to make sure that you are happy with your purchase. With so many second-generation owners and friends of satisfied existing owners joining us year after year, you can rest assured that we have the experience to help you get it right.
All you have to do is ask! Siobhan has probably encountered every query under the sun from prospective purchasers just like you and she will work with you to ensure you get it right.
Here are our top tips to consider when buying a mobile home:
Setting your Budget
- Aim to fix on a budget for your mobile-home; it’s easy to get carried-away!
- Work out what you can afford before you start your search; we all want shiny and new, but there are other options!
- Make sure that your budget is realistic to enable the purchase of your desired specification.
- Don’t forget to allow for your initial site fee within your budget.
- Ask us for a decking quotation (or a quote for other ancillaries) so that you can include that in your budget from the outset.
Choosing Your Home
- Decide on new or pre-owned taking your budget into consideration and, maybe, the current ages of your children.
- Bear in mind the importance of double-glazing and central-heating; think about whether you’re likely to visit your holiday-home outside of the warmer summer months.
- Consider whether such things as an open-plan layout or extra storage space are important to you and your family.
- Modern or traditional … there really is something to suit every taste!
- Reflect on the numbers of bedrooms and bathrooms you’ll need. Think about the size of your family now and maybe down the road, whether or not your kids will want to bring cousins or friends to the Park and whether you plan to entertain family or friends at your holiday-home throughout the year.
- Consider whether living space or sleeping space is more important to you and your family.
Choosing Your Location
It’s important to think about where you’d (ideally) like your mobile-home to be located on the Park based on what works best for you and your family.
- Would you prefer a quiet location?
- Is being near the walk-way to the beach important to you?
- Do you want to be close to the playground and shop?
- Think about the position of the decking area in relation to the sun – sunrise or sunset?
- Work out whether the site is sufficiently big for your chosen mobile-home.
Contact us if there is anything at all we can help with – remember, we’ve done this before!
Review our FAQ’s here to find more resources to help with your buying decision.